- Min Aung Hlaing and his regime forces have launched their horrific violence, arson, and artillery shelling, scorching nearly 300 houses and killing Chin people in the town of Thantlang, Chin State, Burma since September 2020. On December 4, 2021, the junta forces again shelled the Chin State town of Thantlang, destroying 19 houses. Such brutal and inhuman actions by the junta regime against the people of the Chin State only proves their complete disregard for the lives and welfare of the people of Burma, and outright rejection of peace and democracy in Burma.
- The Peace and Justice Committee of the Chin Baptist Churches USA strongly condemns the actions of Gen. Min Aung Hlaing and his regime forces and considers their actions a direct violation of human rights and religious freedom, committing war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.
- The Peace and Justice Committee demands that Gen. Min Aung Hlaing issue an order of action to immediately halt his regime’s continued atrocities of killing and burning houses in the town of Thantlang, Chin State. We strongly condemn these inhuman acts of all sorts in Chin State.
- The Peace and Justice Committee calls for President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. and United States to take urgent and decisive action to hold Gen. Min Aung Hlaing and his regime accountable for their inhuman brutality against the Chin people in Burma. We urge President Joe Biden to denounce these actions of Gen. Min Aung Hlaing and his regime forces and demand that they cease burning houses in Thantlang, Chin State.
- The Peace and Justice Committee calls for the UN Security Council and the National Unity Government (NUG) of Myanmar to take urgent action against Gen. Min Aung Hlaing and his regime forces in accordance with international law, bringing their actions to the International Criminal Court.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : +1 (240) 786-2042